Happy New Years! Hope you all have a good 2012. 20111 has been a pretty good year for me, not much to complain about. My new years resolutions are pretty much the same every year so I won’t bore you guys with them 😉
I’ve been obsessed with the spicy salmon combo from Sushi Nanaimo. I had it two times this week :p
What I like about the combo’s at Sushi Nanaimo is that it comes with miso soup and salad.
I love eating chocolate covered almonds but I find the store bought ones are too sweet even if they are covered in dark chocolate. So I decided to make my own by using natural almonds and 74% dark chocolate wafers.
The dark chocolate is purchased from Whole Foods and it quite expensive, but I think the quality and taste is worth the hefty price tag. I bought dark chocolate wafers from Price Smart Foods but it was overly sweet and the cocoa % was low.
Here’s a post about 12 things about myself. Most of you don’t know that much about me so here are the 12 things:
1. I first learned to cook watching the food network and then in foods class in high school. My mom is a horrible cook and I guess I wanted to learn how to cook so I wouldn’t have to eat her cooking.. LOL. She never taught me how to cook nor did she have any “family recipes”.My dad said she was spoiled by her family as a child hence her horrible cooking skills.
2. I LOVE dogs. I’ve been obsessed with dogs ever since I was 5. My mom thinks dogs are dirty and smelly so she never let us ( my brother and I) have one. I’ve been begging for a dog since I was 5 and still no dog….
3. I’m a really shy person. I’ve always been shy and I tell myself that I need to overcome it but it’s so hard for me. I also have low self-esteem because I have always been made fun of for my bad skin ( acne, rosacea and oily skin to be exact) and less than perfect body.
4. I wish I had artistic skills such as drawing skills. I remember envying my classmates in elementary school who could draw because I thought it was such a great talent.
5. I took home economics all through high school and even won the home ec award when I graduated but I don’t plan on being a chef or anything in the culinary field.Cooking is only a hobby to me and most of the time I cook for myself.
6. My dream vacation is a trip to Europe. I would love to explore the history, food and cultures of Europe. I’m hoping to go when I graduate.
Hope you all had a good Christmas! This is going to be a long post since I’m too lazy to make two separate posts.
Like stated in my previous post, I went for Christmas brunch at Ebo restaurant. When we first got there just before 11:30am, there weren’t that many people. But later on people started coming and it got quite busy.
They had a pretty good selection. I like how they posted the menu of the buffet online so I knew what to expect.
My first plate of food. I did get another plate but I only took a picture of the first one. From 12 o’clock going clockwise: sushi, waffles with berry sauce,turkey & stuffing, hashbrowns, sausage, sui mai, shrimp purse, roast beef, and mussels. I tried to get my moneys worth of food LOL.
There was a chocolate fountain at the buffet! When I saw it, it reminded me of S (hehe). They had a good selection of foods to dip into the chocolate: marshmallow, fruits, lady fingers, and pound cake.
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your holiday and eating lots of delicious foods! Tomorrow I’m going to Ebo restaurant for Christmas brunch and then I have a Christmas dinner with my moms side of the family. I will try to make a post tomorrow 🙂
P.S I can’t wait for boxing day! I’ve been saving my money even though I don’t have anything specific I plan to get.
I went to the Christmas Market on 2 separate days but only took pictures on the day I went with Es S. Here are some pictures:
And of course the food. Here’s what we ate:
Sorry for the lack of post, I’ve been lazy :P. Christmas in two days, can’t wait!
Vancouver, BC V5V
My dad, RKO and I went to Ken’s Chinese Restaurant a few weeks ago for lunch. My dad suggested us to go here since we were in the area.
All of our orders came with soup and a drink
My ordered the chicken cordon bleu with fettuccine. It came with 2 large pieces of chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese. The fettuccine was surprisingly al dente, considering most HK style cafes don’t cook their pasta al dente.The chicken was moist though a bit greasy from being deep fried.
So yesterday M and I went to the winters farmers market but I didn’t buy anything. It was a chilly day and I was craving pho, so we went to Pho Tan for some pho.
After, we went to see Yuki
We originally planned on going to the Christmas Market but we couldn’t find parking, so we are going on Tuesday instead. I am done my Christmas shopping ( hopefully) so now all I have to do is wrap the gifts.
Wow, I just realized there is only 9 days until Christmas. This year sure went by fast, I still remember New Years day. This year I decided to decorate my room a bit with Christmas decorations.
There was a power outage yesterday so I lit some candles. My mom was freaking out and making such a big deal out of the power outage… so dramatic, like always.
Today I FINALLY started my Christmas shopping. I only bought gift though because I couldn’t find the other items on my list of gifts to buy.
M and I went to Shizenya for lunch today