Here’s a post about 12 things about myself. Most of you don’t know that much about me so here are the 12 things:
1. I first learned to cook watching the food network and then in foods class in high school. My mom is a horrible cook and I guess I wanted to learn how to cook so I wouldn’t have to eat her cooking.. LOL. She never taught me how to cook nor did she have any “family recipes”.My dad said she was spoiled by her family as a child hence her horrible cooking skills.
2. I LOVE dogs. I’ve been obsessed with dogs ever since I was 5. My mom thinks dogs are dirty and smelly so she never let us ( my brother and I) have one. I’ve been begging for a dog since I was 5 and still no dog….
3. I’m a really shy person. I’ve always been shy and I tell myself that I need to overcome it but it’s so hard for me. I also have low self-esteem because I have always been made fun of for my bad skin ( acne, rosacea and oily skin to be exact) and less than perfect body.
4. I wish I had artistic skills such as drawing skills. I remember envying my classmates in elementary school who could draw because I thought it was such a great talent.
5. I took home economics all through high school and even won the home ec award when I graduated but I don’t plan on being a chef or anything in the culinary field.Cooking is only a hobby to me and most of the time I cook for myself.
6. My dream vacation is a trip to Europe. I would love to explore the history, food and cultures of Europe. I’m hoping to go when I graduate.
7. I was struck by a car when I was 5 years old. It wasn’t too serious and I didn’t break any bones, my legs just hurt for a few weeks. The guy who struck me was speeding in a residential area and he was very gangster like ( well that’s what I thought he was when I was 5 lol).
8. I watch a lot of Youtube. I can easily spend hours on Youtube watching channels I am subscribed to. I often have dreams that involve Youtube videos I’ve watched earlier that day;an indication that I clearly watch too much.
9. I don’t know what career or field I want to go into. I’m currently in college trying to figure that out by taking different courses to see what I enjoy. I envy those who know from the beginning what they want to be and always wished I knew what I want to be.
10. I hate bugs, especially spiders. I don’t have an arachnophobia nor do I scream at the sight of spiders. I usually get my parents or my brother to kills bugs in the house because I don’t want to go near them. Last year I had a traumatizing experience with spiders: I was sitting in the back seat of my moms car waiting for my brother when I notice a string of something on me. I soon realized it was 3 baby spiders making a web on me. I freaked out and ran out of the car trying to brush the spiders off of me. My mom thought I was possessed or something and soon discovered that a spider had laid eggs in my moms car and they had hatched. I couldn’t sit in the back seat of my moms car for a while fearing that this traumatizing event might happen again. I’m grossed out just typing this story out.
11. I don’t have a good relationship with my mom. We don’t get a long that well and we frequently bicker at each other. She calls me a delinquent even though I don’t smoke, drink, or do drugs. I try hard in school but yet she tells relatives I am lazy, there’s just no way to impress her so I have stopped trying. I’ve always been a daddy’s girl and probably always will be. I’ve never shared any of my secrets or personal life with her, time to time she will ask me questions like what I want to do in the future or stuff about my friends.
12. I’m not a picky eater, but the one food I absolutely despise is tofu. I’ve hated it since I was a kid; its just something about the texture and taste I do not enjoy. There’s a lot of foods that I’ve grown to enjoy, mostly vegetables, but I don’t think I will every like tofu. My mom seems to forget that I hate tofu and once got take out consisting of ALL tofu dishes and frequently asks me if I want any tofu.
Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you what you think.