I have a confession to make, even though I enjoy cooking, I am a lazy student cook who has little time or motivation to cook. One of my favourite dishes to make during “midterm season” is tortellini. Reasons why I love tortellini:
a) It’s cooks pretty fast, around 6-8 minutes depending on the filling
b) Comes in a variety of filling, including cheese, beef, chicken, etc.
c) Taste good (to me lol)
In the above picture is roasted garlic tortellini with a ground chicken meat sauce topped with chopped basil and mozzarella cheese. Here is how I cooked this dish:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- While the water is boiling, start cooking your ground meat
- Add canned tomatoe sauce to the meat and bring to a simmer
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer
- Once the water is to a boil, turn heat to medium and add tortellini and cook for 6-8 minutes on a gentle boil
- Once the tortellini is cooked, add meat sauce, basil and shredded cheese
You can always opt out the ground meat in the sauce if you’re using a meat filled tortellini, but I had some in my fridge and decided to add it in the sauce.
Let me know what you think of this post and if you want me to share more of my busy student foods.